A recent survey conducted shows that Indian Smartphone mobile users spend more time on Internet and Apps and less on mobile activities like voice calls and SMS. The basic function of a mobile phone is to stay connected to the friends and family through Voice Calls and Short Message Services ( SMS ). According to the survey an average Indian Smartphone users spends about two and a half hour on his / her smartphone. This figure is an average figure. Out of these two and a half hours they spend more time on entertainment and internet activities and less on voice calls and messages.
The Average Indian Smartphone Mobile users spends about 72 % of his time of the time on his smartphone on entertainment activities such as gaming, entertainment, applications ( apps ) and internet related content. The rest 28 % of the time spend on the smartphone is on basic phone functions like Voice Calling and SMS services. To be precise an average indian smartphone users spends about 117 minutes a day on apps and gaming and internet where as an average smart phone users spends about 33 minutes on VOice calls and SMS services.
Today, younger Indians for instance, prefer texting and chat over voice communications and understanding this behaviour better can define data consumption and customer acquisition strategies for operators and handset providers. India’s rapidly growing mobile user base presents marketers and businesses with an opportunity to improvethe precision with which they reach out to the new Indian consumer. According to the study, while those in the age group of 15-24 years were spending about three hours a day on their smartphones, those in the over 31 year categoryspent about two hours.
Also, the younger smartphone users (15-25 years) spend two hours on browsing and entertainment compared to one hour in the other category (over 31 years).Time spent on chat and SMS stood at about 31 minutes for the younger users against 15 minutes by the other category.According to the survey, 15-25 year olds spend about half an hour on other mundane activities like contact search and alarms, while it is 45 minutes in the case of those over 31 years.It also found that 68 per cent of the 15-24 year olds used a chat app last month as compared to 42 per cent for the 31 year old and above category.For instance, according to the survey, data usage for 3G users was close to 44 per cent more than 2Gusers. An Android user installs an average of 19 apps in a month compared to 10 apps for a Symbian user.
Rechargeitseasy.com is an online recharge service for all prepaid mobile and users of DTH online. Recharge can be done for leading network operators like Aircel, Tata Docomo, Vodafone, Airtel, BSNL, Reliance, Idea, etc. Customers can recharge mobile online every time for their choice of amount using their debit/credit card or even internet banking. Rechargeitseasy.com is also giving away free coupons equivalent of the online recharge amount on every prepaid mobile recharge. Prepaid mobile users can avail this benefit every time they recharge online with rechargeitseasy.com. Coupons are sent via SMS instantly and can be redeemed from the retailer on showing the SMS coupon code.